Bioinformatics and computational biology is an emerging field where biological and computational disciplines converge.
The Center for Bioinformatics & Computational Biology (CBCB) is an interdisciplinary, cross-campus and inter-institutional initiative for the Delaware research and education community, and is built on the Bioinformatics core at the Delaware Biotechnology Institute (DBI) and the bioinformatics infrastructure of the Protein Information Resource (PIR).
CBCB objectives include:
- Fostering cutting-edge, interdisciplinary, cross-campus and inter-institutional research in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology synergistic to UD strategic research areas, including Systems Biology, Energy and Environmental Studies, and Translational Medicine
- Establishing graduate degree programs
- Master of Science (MS), Professional Science Master (PSM), Certificate in Bioinformatics
- PhD program in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Providing scientific expertise and core infrastructure support in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology for the Delaware research and education community