Why a Bioinformatics degree from University of Delaware
Whatever your background, life sciences or computational/mathematical sciences, students, full-time or part-time at the Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology will gain core competency for job opportunities in the very rapidly growing field of bioinformatics. Indeed the bioinformatics market is projected to reach $21 billion by year 2026. The opportunities exist in industries ranging from agriculture, pharmaceuticals and health care to data analytics and software industry.
The graduates of the MS program will have different career paths. Some will decide to pursue a PhD. Other students, especially those enrolled in the PSM program and/or those have already been employed in industry or government may consider the program as a terminal degree. While those that are already in a chosen career path may supplement their learning by taking one of two Graduate Certificates.
The Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (CBCB) is an interdisciplinary program that offers multiple degree options for your intended career path:
Advance Your Career
Life sciences, computer or mathematics professionals with expertise in bioinformatics will join the next generation of researchers and professionals to play a key role in multi- and interdisciplinary teams, bridging life sciences and computational sciences.
“Whatever the background the students are coming from, they will gain core competency for rapidly growing bioinformatics job opportunities in fields from genomics, agriculture, pharmaceuticals and health care to big data analytics.”
– Karen Hoober, CBCB Assistant Director of Graduate Education and Outreach
Job opportunities exist in rapidly growing fields like: genomic medicine, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, agriculture, and big data analytics.
Bioinformatics Opportunities are Expanding
- Bioinformatics Market to reach $21 billion by 2026 – Global Bioinformatics Market (2021 to 2026) – Integration of Machine Learning and AI in Healthcare Presents Opportunities – ResearchAndMarkets.com | Business Wire, September 2021
- Applications of Bioinformatics – Application of Bioinformatics in Pharmacy, Medicine & Health – Leverage Edu, August 2021
- Career Guide to Jobs in Bioinformatics – Career Guide To Jobs in Bioinformatics | Indeed.com, March 2021
- Career Outlook – Career Outlook: Data and Bioinformatics Scientists to 2026
- Bioinformatics vs. Data Science: What’s the Difference? | Indeed, March 2021