Third Skate Genome Annotation Workshop
When: May 23-27, 2011
Where: Clayton Hall Conference Center – room 120, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Host: Center for Bioinformatics & Computational Biology, University of Delaware
Registration: Free. (Registration includes breakfast on Monday 5/23 and lunch daily, as well as an evening reception and a banquet dinner. Lecture materials also will be provided.)
Deadline for Application: April 22, 2011
What: Third Little Skate Genome Annotation Workshop. Learn valuable bioinformatics skills in this four day hands-on bioinformatics workshop plus one day scientific symposium. Participants will learn how to use common bioinformatics applications and will gain experience completing hands-on exercises. The workshop is centered around annotation of the Little Skate genome, a project underway in the NECC, but the skills learned will apply broadly to many areas of research. No previous bioinformatics experience is necessary. Participants in the workshop are expected to present a poster on their current work, which need not be related to the workshop material or the Skate project.
Contact Us: Please email the contact for your NECC state (listed below) to learn more about travel and lodging costs.
|New Hampshire||Kelley Thomasemail@example.com|
|Rhode Island||Daniel Udwaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
If you are not from one of the NECC states please contact James.Vincent@uvm.edu.
Topics for the workshop:
- Genome Annotation Basics
- Overview of Automated Annotation
- GenBank Submission Tutorial
- Hands-on Annotation Exercises
Sponsor: the IDeA Network for Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) Program from the National Center of Research Resources at the National Institutes of Health. In particular, this workshop is supported by the grant Delaware INBRE (grant number 3P20RR016472-09S2).
Information for Attendees:
- Map of downtown Newark
- Downtown Restaurants
- Travel Arrangements:
- Philadelphia (PHL) is the closest airport to the University of Delaware.
- Delaware Express Shuttle is the preferred shuttle service used by UD. They can be reached at 800-648-5466 or www.delexpress.com to reserve your shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. Mention that you are attending a conference at UD and you may receive our discount. As a rule, the share van rate is @ $44.
- Should you be traveling by train, Amtrak offers service to Wilmington, DE. With an advance request, the Courtyard Marriott usually offers free shuttle service from the Amtrak station to the hotel.
- A block of rooms has been reserved at the Courtyard Marriott on UD's campus. Room rates are $139 plus tax per night and are available at that rate until FRIDAY, APRIL 22. You can reach the hotel to make your individual reservation at 302-737-0900 or http://www.udel.edu/hotel/. Mention the Genome Annotation Workshop for the rate.
Should you require additional assistance, please contact Susan Phipps at email@example.com or 302-831-0161.
Steering Committee: Cecilia Arighi, Benjamin King, and James Vincent
Delaware University of Delaware
- Cecilia Arighi
- Katie Lakofsky
- Shawn Polson
- Qinghua Wang
- Cathy Wu
Rhode Island University of Rhode Island
- Daniel Udwary
Vermont University of Vermont
- James Vincent
- Marc Farnum Rendino
Maine Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory
- Benjamin King